Friday, May 28, 2010

We caught a fish!

The Phillies finally remembered how to score!

I could hear the collective sigh to the east after the Phitins' 3-2 win over the Marlins earlier tonight, and I never would have guessed the drought-ending raindrop would be a Raul Ibanez triple. Get it however you must, guys.

Then Ryan Howard ties the game an inning later with an RBI single, while he's sitting comfortably on my Fantasy Bench. Naturally...

I won't gripe anymore about my own failings as a manager. Charlie Manuel's confidence never wavered, and his boys are still in first place where they belong. And what a lovely metaphor - all they needed to get out of their funk was a trip to the Sunshine State.

Everyone enjoy their Memorial Day festivities! It's tough for me to rationalize honoring fallen American soldiers by inhaling a bunch of grilled hot dogs, but they are so very delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment